New from NCES: School District Demographics System Map Viewer
|August 20, 2012|
Washington, DC – This summer, the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) released the School District Demographics System Map Viewer.
The SDDS provides access to information about demographics, social characteristics, and economics of children, schools, and school districts from the Decennial Census, the American Community Survey, the Common Core of Data from NCES, and other data sets from the Department of Education and the Census Bureau.
The tool enables users to directly access school district geographic and demographic data such as:
- total population living within the school district, including the housing and the educational attainment of the population;
- enrollment by type of educational institution/level in the school district;
- demographics of children’s parents in the school district, including the characteristics of household composition and family structure;
- characteristics of the workforce and employment;
- income and poverty characteristics of the school district; and
- foreign-born population and language spoken at home.